Fix Url Links Redirect Google Chrome extension (1) removes the URL link redirect and takes you direct to destination. Remove the middle man and tracking. Second feature is (2) remove link Referrer.
- Work on All redirect links (except ones in ‘disable’ list).
- OR work Only on specific links/sites that you added to its ‘enable’ list. This is default setting.
Try both methods and see which suites you. You train it by adding links to it as you use it.
Install or Download
- Google Chrome : Google Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-url-links-redirect/ngcknmhpnonbbekommfpihpddphgiojd
- Safari : will work on it.
- Fixes URL links redirect. Allows selectively disabling/enabling fix URL redirect on particular websites.
- Removes link ‘Referrer‘. Its a totally separate feature than fix redirect. It can be disabled in extension Options.
- Removes middle-man / tracking as side effect.
- Quicker page load.
How to use it:
If webpage didn’t behaved or loaded as expected and there is a fix-url icon in Address Bar then click that icon and add the suggested URL to the disable list. As you use the extension more the need to add sites to disable list will get less. Manage list of URLs for which this extension is disabled in extension Options.
- Dark/black icon in Address Bar => extension is disabled.
- Dull Brownish icon in Address Bar => extension detects redirect but it didn’t fix as site is not in its list. Click on icon to add/remove site.
- Red-black icon in Address Bar => extension fixed redirect link.
Why remove HTTP Referrer
When visiting a webpage, the referrer or referring page is the URL of the previous webpage from which a link was followed. Most web servers maintain logs of all traffic, and record the HTTP referer sent by the web browser for each request. Technically the effect of this extension’s ‘remove Referrer’ feature is similar to attribute rel=’noreferrer‘.
For example, if you are looking at BBC.com website and in there you click a link to another website say cocacola.com. Now cocacola site will know that you were viewing BBC website. With this extensions ‘remove referrer’ feature the cocacola company won’t know what website you were viewing.
Note (Sept, 2013), Yahoo changed its website design. So the scenario shown below in screenshot no longer works on Yahoo. Later on, I will update screenshot to a site where you can test the extension.