Created firefox addon and Google Chrome Extension targeted at people who frequent motorcycle section of Craigslist. It now also works on following sites:
- Craigslist motorcycle
- eBay motors
- Kijiji (US)
- Advrider flea market
- bcsportbikes bike marketplace
Features of the utility:-
- Shows consumer reviews of motorcycle. This is very useful in finding pros/cons of the bike and also if the vehicle suits buyer.
- Shows similar ads on top found elsewhere on craigslist and Oodle. This gives idea of market price and general availability.
- Quick indication of if the motorcycle was dropped or was involved in accident.
- Quick indication if its a moving sale.
- Recently viewed Ads.
- Add your Notes to the ads using Recently Viewed list.
- Shows Factory Recalls. Gives idea of manufacturing defects etc. Also when buying make sure to ask original owner if the factory recalls were done.
- Shows TSB (Technical Service Bulletin). The service information/updates issued by the manufacturer.
- If a phone number (US/Canada) is mentioned in the ad then it creates a link on page which lets one easily search craigslist for other ads posted by the poster.
craigslist ad without the use of firefox addon
top portion of craigslist ad
shows videos of motorcycle make/model
Epinion motorcycle reviews.
Motorcycle review at Review Centre by owner of motorcycle.
Same make / model motorcycle ad listing from Craigslist.
Motorcycle listing from Oodle below Craigslist motorcycle ad.
* Support for motorcycle sale sections of sites Advrider, BCSportBike and motorcycleforum.
* Support for eBay and Kijiji (US).
* Fixed a bug that sometimes caused unresponsive script popup.
* Added Oodle listing.
* Enhanced feature-block collapsible functionality.
* Added ability for user to specify ‘year’ and ‘make’ of motorcyle if its not automatically recognized by the extension.
* Major change in the layout.
* Added Epinion reviews.
* Added ReviewCentre.
* Did some code refactoring and renaming.
© 2009 tech 4computer
Posted in chromeExtension, craigslist, firefox addon, google chrome extension, motorcycles
Tagged advrider, bcsportbikes, chrome, chrome web store, craigslist, firefox extension, motorcycle shopping, motorcycleforum, motorcycles, plugin, tech4computer, webstore
Format the car sale ad properly and increase your chances of a quick sale. People use search queries to quickly find the model they are interested in buying. So if you don’t specify the model name in the ad properly then chances are that your ad won’t turn up in search results. Examples: “honda 125”(bad), “honda cbr125r”(good), “beemer”(bad), “bmw”(good). A buyer would be more interested in car sale ads that includes following information:-
- Title format: The one line title of the car ad should give as much information as possible. The minimum information that it should have is Year, Make, Model and Price. Example: “1992 Honda Prelude SR 150k miles, moving sale $2500 – (Seattle, WA)”
- Odometer reading: Include odometer reading total ~ km’s or miles.
- Pictures: Include pictures of the car. Pictures can save lot of time from unnecessary communication. Craigslist listing/search has an option to filter out ads without pictures and lot of buyers do use it. If you have customized car then post pictures showing the customized part. If the car has been in a (minor) accident or fender-bender then post pictures of before and after repair. This might get buyers interested into the car who would otherwise get spooked by mere mention of accident / claims.
- Car history report: If you know that the car has clean title then spend $50 and obtain a car history report from services like Car Fax reports or Car Proof. Mention in your car ad that the history report is available for the buyer to view. Also giving out VIN# in email to the prospective buyer should be fine.
- Contact information: Preferably provide both email and phone number in the ad or atleast email. If using craigslist site then use there anonymized email.
© 2009 tech 4computer