Forum Preview extension shows Last Post and Image Preview on Joomla Kunena, vBulletin, Invision board, Social Strata, Fudforum, Google Groups and phpBB based discussion forums. Top Comment preview on Reddit.
In Photo Gallery mode the Forum Preview will construct an Image Gallery on top of forum listing page.
Be the first to make a post on your favorite discussion forum and inform other members and friends about this Forum Preview Extension.
Requirement : Recent or sufficiently fast computer with fast internet connection.
Install or Download
- Google Chrome : Google Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/noieegogpoppkplmcnamnbhpeafokijg (new features and issue-fixes first come here in Chrome and then in Firefox after month or so)
- Firefox : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/forum-preview ( all and new versions )
- Safari : in the works, coming soon.
NOTE: If people like this then I will add support for other forum software too.
- Inline Last Post.
- Photo gallery from threads. Custom settings for Gallery. My Gallery (chrome only). Slide show.
- Filter thread titles to ignore certain threads. (beta)
- Image gallery from previous pages of selected thread. Turn this feature on when viewing thread about travel / tour trip or an event etc (beta)
- Auto show new Posts and new Replies. (alpha)
- Force show new Posts and new Replies.
- Hide (fold) all posts. Quick toggle fold posts.
- Avatar effects. (alpha – Google Chrome only)
- New Post Counter. (beta)
- Multicolumn thread list. (Chrome only, vBulletin4, Reddit, phpBB)
- YouTube – Top Comments under embedded player in forum. (Chrome only, vBulletin). Working on separate extension for this. That will work on all sites.
- Ignore previewing ‘Sticky:’ threads.
- Quick Delete of your post in vBulletin 4+ (Chrome only).
Note: Some of the above features are for vBulletin 3.x boards only. Added “Todays Posts” link on vBulletin 4 when signed in. vBulletin 4 (alpha). Click peace icon to open and change Forum Preview Settings.
News / Blogs – Features:
- Hide (fold) all posts. Quick toggle fold to show titles only. Only this 1 feature is supported on news sites like Engadget, TechCrunch, Google News, Huffington Post, TMZ, PerezHilton, BusinessInsider and more to come. Let me know if you need this feature on other popular news sites. (Google Chrome only)
Original Concept. Action buttons, info panels and menus near top and on right edge of screen. Few years back I added new posts information box, easy (un-)fold posts controls near right-top edge for easy access. It seems that location and concept has picked up and lot of new sites are placing all kinds of menu or control options in that location (Area from top-right corner to [1/4 x screen-height] distance from top and on right edge). This is also used in my other popular extension Craigslist-Peek.
Avatar Effects: Works for vBulletin boards, when using Google Chrome (Firefox not supported at the moment) and have this Extension installed on it. See screenshot and See avatars p.l.a.y here. Leave a comment below if you need to create similar Avatar. Probably you will have to email me your Avatar image and link of the YouTube video. Follow these steps (on Windows computer) to modify your Avatar to add YouTube video.
1. Put YouTube video id/code in a .txt file. Goto C:\ directory and create youtube.txt file. Like this:
Here ‘zuCjHXLHGUk’ is video code that you can extract from YouTube video address.
2. Open windows ‘CMD’ console. Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt. In Console type
and press Enter. Now suppose your Avatar image name is originalAvatar.png and its in C:\ directory. In Console type:
copy /B originalAvatar.png + youtube.txt newAvatar.png
That’s it upload originalAvatar.png to your vBulletin Forum and see if it worked. If the steps didn’t worked for you then just leave me comment and maybe I can do it for you.
Switch Forum Style. If it stops working on forum (e.g. vBulletin) then see if the forum allows you to change style(usually drop down style list is located at bottom of page). Try changing style.
Try it on discussion forums like :-
Reddit top comment preview.
ComicVine AnimeVice GiantBomb Screened GameSpot
UBISOFT game forum
spanish cars forocoches.com
[date 2010-04-21] Version 0.105
* Added to Google Extension gallery.
© 2010 tech4computer